Sunday, September 6, 2009

I just received a mail. very touching story..


I need many wishes to come true…
am forwarding this not because of having wishes granted but because of the UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE of those around us whom we come in contact daily. Please read till the end it's a very beautiful story....
I just received a mail.. very touching st0ry.....
******
I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently completed my college degree.. 
the last class i had to take was sociology...
The teacher  was absolutely inspiring with the qualities that I wish every human  being had been graced with. HER last project of the term was called "SMILE" 
The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and d0cument their reactions..
Im a very friendly pers0n and always smile at everyone and say hello anyway.. so, I thought this would be a piece 0f cake literally...  S00n after we were assigned the pr0ject, my husband, y0ungest s0n, and I went out to McDonald's one crisp March morning.. It Was just 0ur way 0f sharing special playtime with 0ur s0n..We were  standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden everyone  around us began to back away, and then even my  husband did... I did n0t m0ve an inch..an 0verwhelming feeling 0f panic welled up inside 0f me as I turned to see why they had m0ved..   
As I turned  around I smelled a horrible 'dirty body' smell, and there standing  behind me were two poor homeless men... As I looked d0wn at the sh0rt gentleman, cl0se t0 me, he was "smiling"
His beautiful  sky blue eyes were full g0d's Light as he searched f0r acceptance..
He said,  'Good day' as he counted the few coins he had been  clutching.The second  man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I realized the  second man was mentally challenged and the blue-eyed gentleman was his  salvation.. I held my tears as I st00d there with them,
The y0ung lady at the c0unter asked him what they wanted.. He said, "c0ffee in all miss"
because that was all they c0uld afford..
(If they wanted t0 sit in the restaurant and warm up,
they had to buy s0mthing... He just wanted t0 be warm....)
Then I really felt it - the c0mpulsion was so great, I alm0st reached out and embraced the little man with the blue eyes...
That is when I n0ticed all eyes in the restaurant were set 0n me..
judging my every action.. 
I smiled and asked the y0ung lady behind the counter to give me two m0re breakfast meals 0n a separate tray...
I then walked around the corner to  the table that the men had chosen as a resting spot. I put the tray on  the table and laid my hand on the blue-eyed gentleman's cold  hand...  He l00ked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said " Thanks y0u..."
I leaned 0ver, began t0 pat his hand and said, " I did n0t do this f0r you.. G0d is here w0rking thr0ugh me t0 give you h0pe..
I started to cry as I walked away  to join my husband and son. When I sat down my husband smiled at me and  said, 'That is why God gave you to me, Honey, to give me  hope.." We held hands f0r a m0ment and at that time.. We knew that 0nly because 0f the Grace that we had been given were we able to give...
I graduated with one of the  biggest lessons I would ever learn..
UNC0NDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.. L0ve people and use things, N0t LOVE things and use people..
Many people will walk in and out of y0ur life...
But 0nly true friends will leave f00tprints in y0ur heart.
TO HANDLE YOURSELF, USE YOUR HEAD , TO HANDLE OTHERS, USE YOUR HEART...

*******



No comments:

Post a Comment